Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Sights for G36

SVI4ME

G36's seem to have issues with front sights fitting. Anyone have first hand experience with any sight sets that work? I have tried Heinie and Meprolight and they have the same screw in front sight that drags on the slide. I would like something that has a point of impact point of aim, not a 6 or 12 o'clock POA.

Rob

I carried and shot a G-36 for several years. I even won a few IDPA matches with it.

I ended up with MMC adjustable sights on the rear (they fit right in the groove) and a MMC front sight too. They have a trintium set but mine went dark in a month so "they" replaced them with the three dot version.

The adjustable rear allowed me to dial in my POA regardless of load.

I just put Warren Tactical sights on my G17 and Warren Sevigny sights on my G35. They both shoot a little high at 25 (2") but are far superior to the factory sights (which seem to use a Rosie O'Donnel sized front sight post). Of the two I like the Sevigny rear sight better. That surprised me as in the ad the Tacticals looked like the way to go!

In terms of nights sights, I have Meps, Trijicons, and GLOCK factory sights. Nothing is rubbing on the barrel, let alone the slide. Are you sure that you got the screwed in all the way?

HK Dan

Edited by HK Dan

I just put Warren Tactical sights on my G17 and Warren Sevigny sights on my G35. They both shoot a little high at 25 (2") but are far superior to the factory sights (which seem to use a Rosie O'Donnel sized front sight post). Of the two I like the Sevigny rear sight better. That surprised me as in the ad the Tacticals looked like the way to go!

In terms of nights sights, I have Meps, Trijicons, and GLOCK factory sights. Nothing is rubbing on the barrel, let alone the slide. Are you sure that you got the screwed in all the way?

HK Dan

I have taken sights off my 17 and put them on my 36 and they don't work. The little screw rubs on the barrel unless you would grind it down and maybe screw up the sight. I am not gonna try. :wacko:

G36's seem to have issues with front sights fitting. Anyone have first hand experience with any sight sets that work? I have tried Heinie and Meprolight and they have the same screw in front sight that drags on the slide. I would like something that has a point of impact point of aim, not a 6 or 12 o'clock POA.

Rob

The Heinie Streight Eight night sights front sight screw on my 36 doesn't drag on the barrel --- but I bought the set specifically for a designed for .45 caliber Glocks. It's got the thinnest head to the front sight screw I've ever seen....

Both 185 and 230 grain loads shoot to point of aim for me.....

Heinie makes a set for the Glock 36 specifically. I prefer the Warren Tactical Sevigney Carry sights on my glocks except for the ones I carry. The finish on Warren sights rust way too easily for a carry gun. The Heinies do not rust. I am waiting for my Sevigney sights to get back from Ion Bond. I sent them with my pistol to have them coated for my G19 carry gun because I prefer them but just do not like them rusting after one day of carry IWB. But for now I have my old Heinies back on it.

The Brownells part number for the G36 Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights is 394-000-015aa

They retail for $107.60 and the discounted price is $86.08 if you are eligible.

The regular Slant Pro non night sight part number is 394-000-012aa

They retail for $51.60 and the discounted price is $41.28

Heinie makes a set for the Glock 36 specifically. I prefer the Warren Tactical Sevigney Carry sights on my glocks except for the ones I carry. The finish on Warren sights rust way too easily for a carry gun. The Heinies do not rust. I am waiting for my Sevigney sights to get back from Ion Bond. I sent them with my pistol to have them coated for my G19 carry gun because I prefer them but just do not like them rusting after one day of carry IWB. But for now I have my old Heinies back on it.

The Brownells part number for the G36 Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights is 394-000-015aa

They retail for $107.60 and the discounted price is $86.08 if you are eligible.

The regular Slant Pro non night sight part number is 394-000-012aa

They retail for $51.60 and the discounted price is $41.28

NOw that was what I was looking for

Thanks

I've installed 1/2 a dozen Sevigny Carry Night sights on G36 and G30's. Never had any problems with them and every one shot shot a 2 inch or smaller group, point of aim at 25 yards. It's annoying that all of them shot better than my issued carry gun.

Funny, They look like they have the same hex as the others. With the two I have tried the barrel won't even completely lock up so when you re-assemble the frame and slide it's a no go.

I ordered a Trijicon NS set for a G36 so we will see what is so different about it.

• 1 month later...

My carry gun is the G36. The sights that I have on it, are the XS Big Dots. I don't have the tritium, just the regular white Big Dot. For me, they work very well. I had no issues fitting them on the slide, no rubbing issues at all.

The owner of the ammo company where I buy my reloads, has a G36 as well. He uses the "Slant V" rear sight from the XS system, with a Fiber Optic front sight post... unsure of the brand. I had a chance to look at his gun, and I do like the way the F/O draws your eye to it. I have not shot that set up, so I don't know how it prints on target, but I do like the way they line up.

For a carry gun, I really like the XS system.