Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Touring the AMU custom gun shop

vrmn1

I had the unique opportunity to tour the AMU custom gun shop this weekend. And their reloading shop.

Boy they do some very cool work there. The reloading shop loads really just for the high power rifle stuff. They a room full of Dillon presses that get used to size brass. No kidding they single stage everything.

The custom gun shop was very cool. A great deal of their work is for the national match and international type stuff. They do however build most of the action shooting stuff.

Everyone there was super nice.

I know they are a couple of AMU guys that are members here and I would like to pass along my thanks to them and they folks in the shops.

A few years ago there was a series (2?) of articles in Precision Shoooting magazine about the AMU and talked about their loading room/proceedures and the gunsmith shop. It was very ineresting, you were fortunate to be able to go in person.

Neal in AZ

I did not see a statue outside. There was all mounts of statues, photos, metals ect... inside.

I did not mean it literally..I meant that Lones Wigger was the first BIG time National and International winner for the AMU...and there should be a statue erected of him for his accomplishments..