Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super / 9mm the same gun.

kiyshooter

My wife has been shooting 9mm in my 686 38-super. Accuracy seems to be fine. As far as the freebore jump, I know a lot of guys who are shooting 40s in model 610s without any problem.

YMMY

Steve

You can use the new 9mm (Win White Box). Once the 9mm has been fired it will take on the tapered case (fire formed) of the 9mm chamber, what Kingman eluded to. And sometimes it will be so tapered that it will not fit properly in the 38 super cylinder. They may have a bulge at the base of the brass. Also it will depend on your moonclips. The 9mms work well in my old style clips. I shot up all my 9mm ammo at a local steel challenge type match a couple of weeks ago and with the distances it made very little difference. ymmv.

There is a detailed thread on this topic already on the forum. No point reinventing the wheel, right? :)

Do a search on TGO's posts in the Revolver subforum, and you should find it quickly.

(Quick summary: It works with some ammo and some brands of moonclips, and usually requires relieving the extractor star slightly. Accuracy is nothing to get excited about. And since we don't lose our brass in Revo, what's the point?)

Edited by Carmoney