Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Holster Owners?

G-ManBart

Catch it :cheers:

Gotta love this site and it's members. Do you like the Ghost holster? I'm considering a change from my CR to stop the interference with my giant legs........

This is not a knock on all CR Speed products, they make some great stuff. But, I swear by the Ghost holster now because of what happened at the 2006 Florida Open.

Stage 2 "Sky Diving" starts with gun loaded in holster. Reach above your head to grab 2 "parachute" handles that slide on cable. On beep must "run" forward 10-12 feet, keeping control of one handle with each hand, and pass a boundary line, let go of

handles, draw gun and engage targets as you walk on a boardwalk.

Guy before me starts and drops gun, DQ. I ask him if he had holster locked, he says no. Other guys say it has already happened to 6-8 people from other squads so I am getting a little nervous/cautious.

My turn......I LAMR, gun in CR Speed holster, and I LOCK IT. There, playing it safe and smart! I'll move past boundary line, then unlock gun, and engage. Extra split second but better safe than sorry. Turn to RO and show him that it is locked and yank up on it a couple of times to test. We have a little laugh about it.

BEEP, take 3 steps forward lose control of one handle so I stop and reach back for it. Gun comes out of locked holster and I go to Dairy Queen! What the heck? Look down and CR Speed still in locked position. My friend catches the whole thing on video so, after the formalities, we watch and, sure enough, holster was locked just as I thought I had done. Everyone feels bad and I don't get to shoot last few stages.

Sunday comes around and I go to cheer on the rest of squad and bring belt/holster to one of the vendors (a GM) to look at for me. Tell him story and we try some guns in holster. Sure enough, with enough upward/forward force the gun can pop out. Net result.......I bought a Ghost holster, no more gun coming out of a locked holster!

My gun came out of a locked CR Speed, has never happened with a Ghost. For me, enbd of story. Just my .02!

Catch it :cheers:

Gotta love this site and it's members. Do you like the Ghost holster? I'm considering a change from my CR to stop the interference with my giant legs........

This is not a knock on all CR Speed products, they make some great stuff. But, I swear by the Ghost holster now because of what happened at the 2006 Florida Open.

Stage 2 "Sky Diving" starts with gun loaded in holster. Reach above your head to grab 2 "parachute" handles that slide on cable. On beep must "run" forward 10-12 feet, keeping control of one handle with each hand, and pass a boundary line, let go of

handles, draw gun and engage targets as you walk on a boardwalk.

Guy before me starts and drops gun, DQ. I ask him if he had holster locked, he says no. Other guys say it has already happened to 6-8 people from other squads so I am getting a little nervous/cautious.

My turn......I LAMR, gun in CR Speed holster, and I LOCK IT. There, playing it safe and smart! I'll move past boundary line, then unlock gun, and engage. Extra split second but better safe than sorry. Turn to RO and show him that it is locked and yank up on it a couple of times to test. We have a little laugh about it.

BEEP, take 3 steps forward lose control of one handle so I stop and reach back for it. Gun comes out of locked holster and I go to Dairy Queen! What the heck? Look down and CR Speed still in locked position. My friend catches the whole thing on video so, after the formalities, we watch and, sure enough, holster was locked just as I thought I had done. Everyone feels bad and I don't get to shoot last few stages.

Sunday comes around and I go to cheer on the rest of squad and bring belt/holster to one of the vendors (a GM) to look at for me. Tell him story and we try some guns in holster. Sure enough, with enough upward/forward force the gun can pop out. Net result.......I bought a Ghost holster, no more gun coming out of a locked holster!

My gun came out of a locked CR Speed, has never happened with a Ghost. For me, enbd of story. Just my .02!

Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

I caught some of flack on another thread for preferring the Hogue PowerSpeed holster and ALWAYS drawing from the intermediate locked position. I'm feeling better now.

*QUOTE*

ANyone cut off the "wings" (angled area) in between the 2 belts?

Heat them and straighten then put on the Velcro. Yes, I have a Ghost but still use the Hogue.

Edited by the duck of death