Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Telemarketing No Call List

Nolan

Finally the National Telemarketing No Call bill was passed and signed. Each state will have a No Call list. Kalifornia's list will be administered by the Attorney Generals office. Kalifornicated persons can pre-register (that is if you can get onto the swamped website) at

California Do Not Call list

Unfortunately the No Call provision doesn't go into effect until Oct.? so prepare for the last minute deluge as telemarketers try to beat the deadline. The bill also has some loopholes for telemarketing calls from businesses you already have a 'business' relationship with, so you will continue to receive those 8am or 9pm calls from SBC that I've learned to hate!

Oregon invented its own no-call setup late last year and it's pretty much in effect. Cost very little to get involved (Oregon will do ANYTHING for a buck, I swear--and always HAS been that way), but this will seemingly do a lot to keep the dumb-ass calls down to a dull roar. I haven't had any calls at the home base for a lo-o-o-ong time. Now if they'll just bloody stop calling us at the OFFICE!!!! Growwllll, gripe....!! :angry:

Wow, this was my 800th post..!