Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terni

Once upon a time, in that dark age called “Middle Ages”, the city of Terni was haunted by the presence of a fierce dragon. Everywhere the dragon appeared, it brought terror and destruction for human beings.

The city Elderly Council, in order to find a solution to this persecution, decided to find a brave man who might defeat and chase away the dragon: but nobody came forward for fear of the beast.

Then, a brave man of the Cittadini’s family took a step forward and, glowing in its armour and shouldering his lance, said “I will defeat the dragon”, and went in search of it.

To make a long story short, after a bloody battle that lasted several days, the brave man chased away the dragon, thus freeing the whole city.

But…you know, time has passed by…

species have evolved…

got smarter…

invented new powerful weapons…

and now…

the dragon is back:

MASCOTTESCok.jpg

The city Elderly Council has opened the competition to find a brave man…Will you be able to defeat it again, in a three days, evenly matched, close quarter battle?

Will you be tough enough to stand this test?

Will you be able to free again the city of Terni?

We will put you on trial, and the best will gain a place in modern history books.

(Downloaded from the ESC2003 website 03/04/03)

Hi All

I know that this Forum is really for Shotgun and Rifle questions but it is also the most specific Forum for shotgun matters.

My apologies if any of you feel that "the Dragon is Back" topic is in the wrong place and I'll completely understand if kellyn moves it.

I did add a question "Are you brave enough?" (lifted from their website text) to the Topic description which sorts of makes it fall into "Shooting Questions , Rifle/Shotgun"???

The entirety of the text is from the match organisers and not from me.

I have no involvement with the match or the organisers other than that I intend to shoot the match. However, I am generally keen to see shotgun matches, in particular IPSC Shotgun matches, grow.

Has anyone yet heard how many slugs will be requiered?

Mike45: have you guys figured out where you are staying? I am kind of leaning twards the Michael Angelo as it is so close to the train station. I think I'll take the train up from Rome and try to hire a car in Terni! Thanks for the help. KURT

Kurt

I emailed you yesterday via the BE Forums about the accomodation and I'm a bit surprised you haven't got it. I've pasted the text below. There is still no news on the stages and therefore the number of slugs but we must hear fairly soon. It will be posted on their web site in due course.

I don't know where Mike is staying but I'm booked in at the Best Western and I know of about 10 others so far. I'm sure Mike will advise soon.

Hi Kurt

Some time ago I think you were asking where were good places to stay for the Europeans.

Quite a lot of us Brits are booking into the Best Western Garden Hotel which is also going to be the IPSC and match headquarters location.  On the UKPSA website (address below) we have selected a small number of hotels that we think will be OK and we're directing UK shooters to these if they don't book into the Best Western.

We've got quite a decent web site going now and if you want to have a look I'm posting the relevant stuff below.

Regards

Neil Beverley

From the (UKPSA) Chairman

The Association has obtained 39 slots for the European Championships and the list of who's going from the UK to shoot can be viewed at:

www.ukpsa.co.uk/ESClist.html

Please check the list. If you think you should have been on this list and are not, or are on the list and shouldn't be, please contact Neil Beverley or Adrian Wander as soon as possible.

It is possible that further slots for this match may be available, as at present it does not appear to be fully subscribed, although there are no guarantees. Again, please let Neil and Adrian know if you are interested.

This is your chance to compete against the best Europe (and indeed the world) has to offer. This will be the biggest SG match within IPSC to date.  So don't miss this opportunity to compete at the highest level (well Level IV). If you have a grade you are eligible to go. Master, A, B, C or D all are welcome.

Also visit www.ukpsa.co.uk/LogisticsItaly.html

This will give you lots of practical information on travelling to Italy with firearms, accommodation and so forth.

Take a look at www.esc2003.it  as this is the official web site for the match.

Kurt,

actually the stages design is almost done: I personally made the computer drawings for the Match Organization, and I am quite confident their release is really ongoing.

Regarding the Train issue: today I sent ESC2003 webmaster a fairly complete list of rail connections from Rome's airport (Leonardo da Vinci) to Terni's railway station, via Rome's railway station; it is full of timetables, prices and a link to the Italian Railway Company (english, german, french and spanish sections available on their website).

I haven't seen it uploaded yet, but I am quite confident that it will at least for monday.

I will send e-mail notification to all mailing list subscribers, and post a link on this forum as soon as the timetable is uploaded.

Neil and Mike:

Thanks for the info, I still haven't got the e-mail you sent, Neil, so I'm glad you posted it. I really don't care where I room, I was told by BPiatt that the Michael Angelo was close to the train station but if you guys are at the Best Western that works for me too!

Mike, try to find boreshot cartridges. They are an off shoot of Kent high velocity shotshell company. They are sold in England I'm told and would have the cartridges we talked about! The ones I've tried seem to open the pattern about 2-2 1/2 choke sizes. Talk to you all soon. KURT

Kurt

The good news and the bad news.

The good news is that the price of Hotels through the official agency is showing a saving (about $15 saving per night at the Best Western).

The bad news is that they're not very efficient and even now, 5 days after we first contacted them, they still haven't confirmed our reservations and indeed have now advised of a technical hitch regarding making a deposit. We'll get there in the end but it's a bit frustrating.

Mike

Have you booked yet and if so where?

• 2 months later...