Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 slides/top ends

kevin c

Anybody know where I can get one?

Yeah, I know that I can probably pick up a used G34 for not much more that what Glockmeister used to charge for the upper, or Caspian is asking for a slide, but I'm cheap.

BTW, will the Caspian slides be legal for Production under the 2008 rules? No pics up on the Caspian website. Are the 34/35 slides cut out on top or solid?

TIA

Kevin

Yeah, I know that I can probably pick up a used G34 for not much more that what Glockmeister used to charge for the upper, or Caspian is asking for a slide, but I'm cheap.

BTW, will the Caspian slides be legal for Production under the 2008 rules? No pics up on the Caspian website. Are the 34/35 slides cut out on top or solid?

TIA

Kevin

Glock slides (from Glock) for a 34 or 35 are cut on top.

34/35 slides from Caspian are solid.

TIA

Kevin

Kevin, you may want to check with Lone Wolf. I believe they're getting into the upper business but I don't know what models will be available.

Bronson7

for not much more that what Glockmeister used to charge for the upper

TIAKevin

Thought I read that the owner of glockmeister got convicted & sentenced for something gun related & lost all rights to touch guns, ammunition, etc.

Lone Wolf are good folks - how about them?

Thought I read that the owner of glockmeister got convicted & sentenced for something gun related & lost all rights to touch guns, ammunition, etc.

I'd heard something similar about Glockmeister, though I don't know the details. What's more sure is that the OEM slides and uppers he used to sell are no longer available on his site. I'd never found anybody else who sells the OEM slides, and don't know how he got them, but he doesn't have them now.

I'll check LW, and/or consider advertising for a slide from somebody who wants to use an aftermarket slide on their receiver.

TIA

Kevin

How much do you want to pay for a OEM 34 top end?

That's what they just said in reply to my email. The slides will be SS, have the top slot like the OEM slides, maybe front cocking serrations.

I have a G35 already. I've heard mixed reviews on conversion barrels, though.

I might just wait for Lw's product.

for not much more that what Glockmeister used to charge for the upper

TIAKevin

From an LE source close to that, I can say this...... There were firearms found in the hands of criminals with filed off serial numbers. Those serial numbers came back registered to that company. I don't believe, due to several employees, there was enough evidence to prove who exactly got those guns in those hands or how they disappeared exactly. Needless to say the FFL was lost and subsequently he cant sell firearms. he still sells all the gizmos and parts but no guns because no FFL.

For those who are interested, here's John Amidon's reply to my rules query on aftermarket slides:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 3:40 AM

To: jamidon1@Twcny.rr.com

Subject: Aftermarket slides in Production for 2008

Hello, John:

Concerning the new 2008 Production rules - Caspian Arms has aftermarket Glock 34/35 slides available, but without the OEM milled out cut on top of the slide. Lone Wolf is planning slides for the same models with the cut on top, but also with front cocking serrations not found on OEM Glocks. Both slides are in stainless steel.

Provided these slides do not make the whole gun 2 oz over the OEM weight, will they be legal?

I guess this question depends on whether "contour" means the slide's silhouette or its surface

features.

Thank you,

Kevin C FY25171

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:29:41 -0400

Kevin,

Yes these would be legal under the 2008 language, contour means outline and shape, as long as the Caspian slide resembles the OEM without the milling in the top, it will be legal.

John Amidon

Director NROI

Edited by kevin c