Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there any way to make the STI 2011 grips LARGER?

slidelock1

I have large hands and there is a significant space between my trigger finger and the grip (1/2" or more). In order to properly place my finger on the trigger I have to curl my index finger outward. When I do this, the last joint on my index finger is either too far into the trigger or not far enough. And this results in a lack of consistency and, therefore, accuracy. I have tried gluing some dense foam on the grip beneath my trigger finger, but this usually gets knocked-off on one of my draws. The location I need to enlarge is too high on the grip for tape (I tried that). Does anyone have an idea that might work????

You need someone who does plastic welding. The grip is glass-filled nylon. They should be able to build up a pad for you pretty easily.

FWIW, my trigger finger has no contact with the frame either - nor would I want it to. Perhaps you have another issue going on that's giving you problems.

You need someone who does plastic welding. The grip is glass-filled nylon. They should be able to build up a pad for you pretty easily.

FWIW, my trigger finger has no contact with the frame either - nor would I want it to. Perhaps you have another issue going on that's giving you problems.

The reason I want full contact is that I primarily shoot steel, and when I drop my hands for the draw, I am constantly searching for the right trigger finger position. I would like my hand and trigger finger grip to be the same everytime. At the last Steel Challenge I noticed some guys have used bondo on their grips - ugly, but I guess beauty is as beauty does. Anyway, I would like a more "finished", professional look when I'm done.