Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major Match Results(Interim Postings)

Alan Meek

Ok, The USPSA Revolver, Limited, Production Nationals started yesterday and there are no interim results from the first day of shooting.

I am sure there are a bunch of shooters that would like to see the interims results even though we are not at the Nationals.

Increasing the exposure to the results and reports of the match I feel would go a long way to help all of us grow USPSA.

Alan

They nailed it w/ the Open Nats this year - there were interim results posted before I made it back to the hotel from the range on the first day, and interims were posted at lunch each day, as well.... Don't know why they didn't get them up this time.... :(

Kim just called me (and Sedro people at work unless they thing it's very important). Kim told me Joy (stats) had problems, and that she sent me email last night. I didn't get the email (unless she sent it to webmaster instead of rob@boudrie.com, in which case I will have it waiting for me when I get home).

Kim is giving Joy an alternate email address for me as well as my home and cell phone numbers. I look forward to working with her to get this issue fixed.

Thanks Rob.

And just to encourage the posting of scores, at least. For folks not shooting at a major match or any major matches, having some idea about how the match is stacking up for the shooters encourages the thousands of us who are not there. Being able to follow and compare stats on shooters we know or would like to emulate draws rank and file shooters closer to the sport. It's the doing of the match itself that is the great thing, as it unfolds. The final results are cut and dried. But how it all develops , now that is interesting.

So, how do we set things up so that some of the stages and full squads video is posted to someplace like youtube? Not necessarily all the stages but some.

Take a visually interesting stage(from a camera standpoing) and post it to youtube or practicaltube or IPSCtube. Just one as a proof of concept.

But in the meantime thanks for working on getting the interim results up.

Edited by Viggen