Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW IPSC PAD GIVES 19 + 1 ROUNDS IN IPSC BOX!

sinnsyk

Here is HUGE NEWS...

I've spent the entire day with one of my manufacturers and we've come up with a brand new IPSC magazine pad for the EAA / Tanfoglio models!

It will of course work for USPSA and I use them for reloading which I find faster than the 140 sticks.

But, for all IPSC shooters around the world, you can now get 19 + 1 in your Tanfoglio 40 S&W Limited / Limited Custom pistols. The pads will be ready this weekend when they come back from anodizing. They are going to be red... red hot pads ;-)

Together with the new Grams kit made especially for the Tanfoglio magazine ( you have to use the Grams spring/follower for Tanfoglio to make this work ) you can put 19 rounds in the mags and easily start a stage with 20 rounds in your gun. It blows my mind. We created a bunch of different designs throughout the day until we came up with this one that is a beautiful looking pad that does the job. It uses the same screw as my H-140 pad, but the screw goes into the pad so less chances of losing the screw. It has different angles, but similar look. I'm also making a new USPSA pad which is going to be BLUE. So from now on it'll be the RED PAD and the BLUE PAD. RED for IPSC and BLUE for USPSA. I'll be selling the new Grams kits and the pads separately and as kits. The RED PADS will be online this weekend and I'm shipping out product Monday or Tuesday.

So, if you're going to the European Championships starting September 16th and you're shooting a Tanfoglio Limited or Limited Custom, you can place your order this weekend and I will ship early next week so you get them in time for the match. I am shipping to Europe and typical shipping is $10 - 20 depending on weight. Eventually I'll try to reconfigure my international shipping charges in my store. It gave me some headaches so I turned it off, but I still ship international so don't let that discourage you.

;-)

The old silver 140 pads can be modified to run the set screw down in the base instead of taking them out. I drilled the hole deeper and retapped it and used the next size set screw available at Home Depot or any hardware store.

Just talked to them and they will be ready tomorrow morning (Thursday, Colorado Mountain Time).

The color I had in mind was very close to the one you showed me, but... in order to get these pads made up in time for ... well... Europeans and me leaving for Limited Nationals on Saturday I went with black. I have 4 different new pads on the market as of tomorrow and to do them different colors it could have created a bump in the road none of us are ready for right now. So, all pads will be black anodized. For the US shooters who only get blued mags, that'll be a very nice match to those mags and the anodizers do black all the time so it's a quicker one to make sure it gets done.

The new pads are:

H-520 - the new IPSC BOX mag (19 + 1 ROUND)

H-170 - IPSC Open aluminum pad for the big stick

H-171 - USPSA Open aluminum pad for the big stick

H-400 - the new factory replacement pad, but smaller and much nicer.

For the Europeans, the H-520 and H-170 will be very trick.

For the USPSA matches, the H-171 will be trick.

H-400 will be a sweet reload pad for Limited / Gold Team and for any looking for a nice looking pad for the Match, Steel, Polymer.

We worked all Labor Day weekend on these pads and did a lot of trick cuts and chamfering to make them supernice. I'm very happy with how they came out. They are all going to have the same top-cut / fit to the magazines, but the bottoms will be different lengths, cuts etc. The trick pad for IPSC BOX is the 520 which is a squeezer to get the gun and mag in there, but it fits with the supersight slightly compressed, as per IPSC rules. You can get 19 + 1 in the mags now. The mags/spring may vary a little bit so I've got some mags that I can load to 19 and some that are tight and should only be used as starter mags. But, being able to start with 20 rounds in the gun is a sweet thing. For quick reloads, I'll be using the 400 pad which is very slick. It's small and makes the magazine fit in my hand very nicely. I'll be using these for both Open Class and Limited/Standard. It'll hold 17 or 18 depending on spring condition, but it's a little bit faster for me to reload with a slightly smaller mag. It's 3mm shorter than the 520.

The 170 and 171 pads are highly specialty pads that are "too long", but has an angle cut from the back so that the factory 170 tube will fit in the IPSC and USPSA gauge; 170 for IPSC and 171 for USPSA. USPSA rules specify 171.25mm. IPSC specify 170.00mm. So, the pads are 1.25mm different in length. It might seem to be kinda crazy to go about and make different pads for so little, but hey... we're competitive fools and seek to squeeze the extra round in. I cannot make a bigger pad for any of these divisions without having a pad that doesn't have hole in the bottom..

I'll bring all pads to the Europeans and the Limited Nationals so anyone shooting Tanfoglio come see me. I'll have both the new spring/follower kits and the pads with me.

Wow thanks for the explanation !!! Black is no Problem Henning. Thats also a great colour for the pads. As i can read, they must be very nice. I can hardly wait till they arrive here.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into them. Super !!!

• 5 weeks later...

So the pads that's made and available (on store probably this weekend):

H-520: which is the IPSC BOX 19 round magazine pad.

H-400: factory replacement pad and a neat reload pad (I like short mags for quick reloads)

H-170: USPSA / IPSC 170.00mm magazine pad that'll give you 29 + 1 rounds in the mag.

H-141: USPSA 21 round mag pad.

When we made pads, I also made some that I called H-171 which is 1.25mm longer than the H-170. I made both pads to their maximum legal length without any regard to how many rounds would fit in the mags. I knew that I couldn't make any bigger magazine / pad and be legal. So, made one for IPSC and one for USPSA. It turned out I can get just as many rounds in the IPSC as the USPSA. So, from now on I'm going to make and sell 170.00mm magazines that anyone can use either in IPSC or USPSA matches and pass the rule book.

And... at the Europeans they had a huge IPSC box. So... I could have made an even bigger IPSC pad for Standard 40. And I will.. I'll probably go ahead and make an H-560 or H-570 which depending on the match you go to and after testing your gun/mag in the box you'll be able to determine if they'll be legal or not. I'll need to make them first to see what'll happen, but I'm positive reloading to 19 rounds will be an easy feat..

We're at the mercy of whatever box they decide to use and the next important IPSC match for me is the World Shoot in Bali next year. I'll bring at least 3 mags with the ++ pads that I'll test there. If they pass, I'll be using them when convenient to reload to 19 rounds..

For my general safe setup I use the H-520 with a 10-coil Grams/Tanfoglio that'll securely give me 18 + 1 rounds.

A complete article will be written and available on my website soon. That'll hopefully give everyone a good understanding of what to do, what to get to squeeze this sport to it's max..

Where did you get that magazine release ?

A local gunsmith put this on for me. Don't know what brand it is, but he uses it for all Tanfoglio's. It even could be custom made, like other stuff he's making.

post-11998-1191602326.jpg

post-11998-1191602614.jpg

post-11998-1191602823.jpg

Edited by TMFAKBFS

So the pads that's made and available (on store probably this weekend):

H-520: which is the IPSC BOX 19 round magazine pad.

H-400: factory replacement pad and a neat reload pad (I like short mags for quick reloads)

H-170: USPSA / IPSC 170.00mm magazine pad that'll give you 29 + 1 rounds in the mag.

H-141: USPSA 21 round mag pad.

When we made pads, I also made some that I called H-171 which is 1.25mm longer than the H-170. I made both pads to their maximum legal length without any regard to how many rounds would fit in the mags. I knew that I couldn't make any bigger magazine / pad and be legal. So, made one for IPSC and one for USPSA. It turned out I can get just as many rounds in the IPSC as the USPSA. So, from now on I'm going to make and sell 170.00mm magazines that anyone can use either in IPSC or USPSA matches and pass the rule book.

And... at the Europeans they had a huge IPSC box. So... I could have made an even bigger IPSC pad for Standard 40. And I will.. I'll probably go ahead and make an H-560 or H-570 which depending on the match you go to and after testing your gun/mag in the box you'll be able to determine if they'll be legal or not. I'll need to make them first to see what'll happen, but I'm positive reloading to 19 rounds will be an easy feat..

We're at the mercy of whatever box they decide to use and the next important IPSC match for me is the World Shoot in Bali next year. I'll bring at least 3 mags with the ++ pads that I'll test there. If they pass, I'll be using them when convenient to reload to 19 rounds..

For my general safe setup I use the H-520 with a 10-coil Grams/Tanfoglio that'll securely give me 18 + 1 rounds.

A complete article will be written and available on my website soon. That'll hopefully give everyone a good understanding of what to do, what to get to squeeze this sport to it's max..

Where/how can we order the pads????

I have looked on the store and can't find anywhere to order them. Am I looking in the wrong place??

If you email me or place a custom order so I have all your info and put in the comment field what you're looking for I can get it to you. It's just that I've been gone for a month and haven't had the time to add it to my store yet.

Thursday eve I'm off to Missouri to shoot the US Area 3. Back Sunday night. Yeah, just place a custom order for $1 and comment what you want. That'll give me all your shipping and payment info. I can get it out tomorrow and Thursday.

A local gunsmith put this on for me. Don't know what brand it is, but he uses it for all Tanfoglio's. It even could be custom made, like other stuff he's making.

Does He have a website?

Does He have a website?

+1 i want to know

Nope sorry, it's an old fashioned guy, no website, only open on thursday evening en saterday afternoon. Little shop, hard to find somewhere deep in a little village. I'm not kidding. But he has very good prices and could do nice things to guns ;)

Maybe you could inform at Dutch Firearms Trading, firearms@firearms.nl is the E-Mail, a lot of stuff comes from there, so maybe also the magbutton.

Edited by TMFAKBFS