Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Armory Promotion Demo

TheOtherErik

I was at the Springfield Armory Promotional Demostration today at Reed's Indoor Range in Santa Clara, CA where Rob Letham Gave a bit if lecture about the various shooting sports and about the firearms offered from Springfield up flollowed by a live fire demostration with the most popular pistols in the springfield line up. Ive seen im shoot several places, nationals, area matches but nothing compairs to this all out speed demostration that he put on. 0.70 draw and double tap with a sub compact XD for a concealment holster and a 1.6 bill drill with the same gun! He also ran similar numbers with a micro compact single stack .45 with fatcory 230 ball! Numbers were even better form the midsize XD in 9mm, full size XD in .40 and 5'' 1911. Most impressive was the 1.37 bill drill with his 9mm steel gun from a 012 holster and 3.6 el prez with the 5'' .45 1911 from a carry holster. All with factory PMC ammo. He truely is great and deserves to be called "The Great One".

He will be at the range tomorrow giving a nother demo from 9-12 so if your in the are go check it out.

I took the hint from Erik and went down to Reeds shooting range this morning. As always it was just as much fun listening to Rob and watching him deal with and teach people as it was to watch him shoot.

I had to laugh when Rob shot a 2.04 Bill (+1) Drill, it's nice knowing I'm not the only one who loses count! B)

Nolan