Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurizing a CZ SP-01

Carlos

Located the following write up (with pics) of the work undertaken on a CZ SP-01:

LINK TO CZSHOOTERS.COM

The link takes you to a site where Matt Mink & Angus sometimes post. Frankly, my SP-01 is MORE than accurate enough for USPSA, so I would not undertake any of this work. BUT, the thread is well done and well illustrated. Also shows what is possible with some time (lots of time) & creativity on your hands.

Here is one example of the photos he posted. Enjoy.

Setup1.jpg

Who all is using an SP-01? I used to shoot an EAA Witness long slide 9mm in local matches and have been thinking about picking up a CZ to replace the Wintenss which I sold a few years ago. How's the SP=01 perform?

Located the following write up (with pics) of the work undertaken on a CZ SP-01:

LINK TO CZSHOOTERS.COM

The link takes you to a site where Matt Mink & Angus sometimes post. Frankly, my SP-01 is MORE than accurate enough for USPSA, so I would not undertake any of this work. BUT, the thread is well done and well illustrated. Also shows what is possible with some time (lots of time) & creativity on your hands.

Here is one example of the photos he posted. Enjoy.

Setup1.jpg

The SP-01 performs real well. You have the standard CZ accuracy and reliability, a full dust- cover, big mags, great grip - it shoots flat.

As to who is using an SP, Angus(obviously), Matt Mink, Kelly Neal(top 3-gun shooter), and a fair number of other folks. It's a good gun. IMO, for Production the go-to guns are either the CZ or the Glock.

The SP-01 performs real well. You have the standard CZ accuracy and reliability, a full dust- cover, big mags, great grip - it shoots flat.

As to who is using an SP, Angus(obviously), Matt Mink, Kelly Neal(top 3-gun shooter), and a fair number of other folks. It's a good gun. IMO, for Production the go-to guns are either the CZ or the Glock.

+1! The gun has done pretty well internationally also. <_<

I shot an SP-01 last year. It was about 9000 rounds old when I got to Area 5. The chrono guy there had set up some bowling pins down range to help keep his job from becoming completely boring. He took my SP-01, loaded up some of Wally's best WWB 115 gr and popped a pin at 50 yards with the first shot. The gun had action work by Angus but was never "accurized". Don't see what you would gain unless you were trying to do bull's-eye. There are a couple forums for Cz that you may want to peruse.

Later,

Chuck

http://czforum.com

http://www.czshooters.com/forum/