Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P16 11 lb spring ?

Mike M.

I have searched the forum and seen a variety of answers on this topic. I like the feel of the gun with the 11 lb spring. I don't use a shock buffer. I tried a 13 lb but didn't like it.

So---is this spring weight with a 180 gr molycoat bullet at major pf going to beat the cr_p out of my gun?

Edited by Mike M.

I used to run 11lb ISMI springs in my P-16s I liked the 10lb ones even better. I ran thousands of rounds on those springs and it did not hurt the gun one bit. The problem was reliability. That setup would run fine for a wile then I would get jams on the feed ramp. It did not matter if the gun was clean or dirty or the spring was new or old they would just pop up every couple hundred rounds. Those springs caused me jams on three stages at the limited nationals last year!!!!!! I have found that the lowest spring I can run and have the gun be totally reliable is a 12.5lb ISMI. But to answer you’re question no the 11lb springs did not damage either of my P-16s.

I can run an 12 lbs without damage although the 12.5 lb ISMI springs are what I've been running lately. I haven't tried an 11 lb spring because the gun starts to feel a bit "wrong" at 12 lbs.

I tried to run lower power springs. Down to 12lbs. Lots of reliability problems. I have always run a .090 shock-buff (Where is Heitt RedBuff when you need them) I recently changed to a Sprinco and a 16lb spring, running a 180MG at 174PF. Gun now runs at 99.9%. And if clean and lubed better.

Jim

I chronoed 170 at the Area 1 match a couple of weeks ago and have been running a 10lb spring in that gun for the better part of 12,000 rounds. I know it is that many rounds because I keep track. Haven't had any broken gun parts, knock on wood, and runs almost flawlessly. I had one round jam in it at the A1 match and that was because of a week mag spring. I love it.

TG

I used to have a P16 and experimented on recoil spring. My gun runs good with ISMI 12.5 and better with 13lbs. No feeding problem. 11 lb and lower gives feeding problem once in a while and i dont want that to happen while i am shooting a stage. So I settled for 13 lb