Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Being the MD for this match and working out all the kinks on friday before the main body of shooters came in on sunday just doesn't bode well to have your mind in the game lol. I was slow, inaccurate and sloppy. The match seems to have been a success however so that is always a plus!

Still always learning. My Draw is just horrible and setting up for this match I've just not had the time to get it right. Its just to deliberate, and not explosive enough! Reloads are the same way. Will work on that this month leading up to nationals.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Idea was to shoot the IDPA match then shoot the classifier in ESR and make master . Well the Match went ok, the classifier not so much. The time is there the hits are another story. To many points down on the close stuff is just unacceptable. It was fun either way shooting the wheely! I'll have to put a little more focus into it before the next classifier though. A hundred rounds a couple days ago and then the match probably isn't enough prep time for me every 6 months lol.

• 2 weeks later...

2013 Single Stack Nationals is in the books. I ended up 13th this year. 2 Spots up from last year. I'm very happy with my performance on 10 of the 13 stages. The other 3 I had a bad, Ugly, and Horrible!
My .40 W2R SS Gun Ran like a top as always Coated in Cerakote that just plan works! Pumped full of Black Bullet International Bullets. Had snake eyes and several that had to be looked at hard because they where so close all weekend! Fed from Tripp Research System mags! All my other gear comes from Shooters Connection as always! Thanks guys!

After a few days of reflection on the match I can say I'm pretty happy with most of the stages I shot. I was 18th or better on 8 stages. 2 of the stages where in the high 20s. The 3 bombs where a 50, 102, and a 150.

Remembering the match had so much Hard cover and a lot of no shoots covering most of the targets I played it safe and stayed away from those sacrificing points. I only shot 87% points, due the mike. I had 4 deltas and 11 bravos. The bravos where me running away from the hardcover and NS.

The Good: My movement on most of it was ok I think for where I'm at. There is a couple places I got stuck in the mud but for the most part I was at where I needed to be when I needed to be there. Pretty much executed my stage plan on most of the stages except the standards. Saw my front sight pretty much all day and banged all but one reload. Went one for one on all but I think 2 pieces of steel the whole match.

The Bad: The one blown reload cost me big! One stage where I had to make up a piece of steel put me in the 50 placement and the other make up on steel put me high 20s. Not as fast as I should be at being accurate no matter the target.

From 2010 to 2013 I've finished in order 36, 28, 15, and 13 spot. Wonder if I can keep that up for next year. to get into the top 10 I would have to be damn near perfect for me! We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not big on excuses. Your performance is completely your responsibilty. I took a gun that was ill prepared to run.....with me.....to a match. The mag release was to big and I was dropping mags. One of the mags wouldn't seat well because of the basepad contacting the magwell. The sights where 4" high at 25 yards.

I let my ego get in the way and said eh I can muddle through. WRONG! This is just uncalled for. I should have spent more time on the range with it before taking it to a match to compete but I wanted to shoot something different. LIMITED FAIL!!

I didn't include the first stage in the video because I didn't want you to have to sit through 40 seconds of tap, rack, bang, bang, tap, rack, bang, bang! After that I realized I was hitting the mag release. So the rest of the day my left hang grip was weak. You can see do to the gun flipping around in the rest of the vids.

All I can say is suck it up and move on....and yes I need to tan my head lol!

Think I have the gun working well with me now. Just have to get in tune with it. That will just take some time. I like the way it feels and the way it cycles though so we are going to have a good 6 months together!

• 1 month later...

Another awesome PROAM match in the books! I did so poorly last year I just wanted to be respectable this year. Other than a couple turd stages I feel I shoot pretty good. As usual there is always room for improvement. A couple stages I got a case of the hoses and the circle stage I went brain dumb and shot the steel out if order.

Got my TS to make weight and fit the box for IDPA. Mainly want it geared up for 3 gun but since it was IDPA legal....now just gotta get a narrower front sight so I can see at distance lol

Rifle isn't where it needs to be. Was using a short range load and a long range load as i didn't have enough good stuff for it all and the short range stuff was a little off so i put a lot of 3s on the smaller targets.

Shot the shotgun good for me. Choked on the one target that i really needed to hit though lol. The all pistol stage didn't get videoed and that was one if my more disappointing stages. Was hosing instead of aiming!!

All in all it was a long but fun day and I'm going to do it all over tomorrow!!

Day 2. Got to shoot with a awesome squad....seems 3gun nation thought so to as they followed Accurate armory Team around all day :-) Learned that my reloading technique is obviously out dated or I just suck at it. I'm happy with my finish today. It always could be better but I'm like that B class shooter watching the Super squad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a goal doing better than last year. Did 60 places better than last year! Had a few really turd stages that hurt my finish but I'll learn from it and move on. I want to thank all my sponsors, Cerakote for supporting me these last couple years, black bullet international for providing me with some outstanding and accurate bullets. Shooters connection for feeding me the crack I need! I also want to thank the sponsors that donated to the prize table, there was something like 60 serialized items on the table!!! I went home with some goodies from Samson Manf., Voodoo tactical, and CMC triggers! Thanks!!!!