Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot change

JThompson

This is going to sound a little strange, but since I swapped my dot out and sighted it in, and now my mount is off slightly.... has anyone ever had this happen? Is it even possible? It's either that or I need to work on that mount again. Thing is it was pretty damn solid until I changed that dot.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by JThompson

Jim,

Are we talking C-More? And was it the whole red dot sight you changed out or just the module? If the whole mount was changed, could the mounting screws be cross threaded?

Bill

Yes it's the C-More, but it's got that 45 degree side mount on it. I just changed the module not the C-More. All new to me these dot things.

If your index is solid and the sight is sighted in, then nothing changed but how much red surrounds the bullet hole.

If you don't have a nailed index sight the thing in to hit dead center of the dot at 15 yards, dry fire until it reads your mind and shoot a season. Adjust from there.

Changing the dot module often changes ther zero, but not always.

With the 45 degree mount adjusting the zero is more complex than on a standard 90 degree mount. The C-More is designed to adjust up and down or left and right at 90 degrees, rather than the angles required by the 45 degree mount. To move the Dot to the right you need to adjust it both UP and to the right.

Changing the dot module often changes ther zero, but not always.

With the 45 degree mount adjusting the zero is more complex than on a standard 90 degree mount. The C-More is designed to adjust up and down or left and right at 90 degrees, rather than the angles required by the 45 degree mount. To move the Dot to the right you need to adjust it both UP and to the right.

Ya, I figured out how to sight it... not an easy task at first... I wote down which way it goes for both axis. That helped a lot to refer to as I was working on it. It's strange... my index was pretty solid, but now it's off. Just for grins I mounted the iron sight today and it was right where it should be and that really twisted my head around.

Anyway... thanks guys... I have to learn it over I guess. Here's another twist... I had to move the thing right about four inches and now my index is off by about the same amount.

Jim