Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 IDPA Nationals Replacement Ready To Go

MichiganShootist

I totally ruined a knee slipping at an IDPA match last year.

The injury was followed by "scope" surgery.. then 4 months of Physical Therapy... The Doc.. said a knee replacement was the only "cure".. but he suggested I try a series of injections which might delay the replacement..

So I took the shoots. (one every week for 5 weeks) and I'm still limping... but I can deal with the majority of COF's better than some.

The problem is that I didn't register for the Nationals..and now I'm capable (to some degree). to participate... the match is full.

I e-mailed the IDPA HQ.... but----- Do any of you Enos particiapants know how I could get on a wait list to take the place of cancellations?????????

Thanks

Several people on IDPAforum.com have said they're on the waiting list. Apparently the match filled up within the first few days after they began accepting applications.

Remember, too, that in order to be eligible to shoot the match, you need to have shot two sanctioned matches between June 1, 2006 and June 30, 2007.

You might phone IDPA and ask what the status of the waitlist is.

The sanctioned events is not a problem... I've shot in three allready this Summer... two regional championships and one state match.

I finally phoned the HQ... it seems getting an answer to an e-mail is rare event.

The young lady on the phone said that they have a 30 shooter waiting list. So with a little over 40 days to the match.. I doubt if there will be enough drop outs.

Maybe next year:)

Edited by MichiganShootist

MS - saction matches have to be shot between 1 June 06 and 30 June 07 to count for the '07 Nats. You say you shot in three sactioned matches this summer. Unless they were on or before 30 June, they won't count.

Jon

I won't make the match anyway due to the wait list... but I appreciate your comments. I shot in 4 sanctioned matches last Summer and three between May and August 4th of this year... so I'd be good to go this year... or more importantly at this point... Next year.

OT Question:

Did you have the synvisc injections??? They worked for me for about 6 months now I am back to my old self :angry2:

I resorted to Chiropractic adjustments of my knees and acupuncture. It seems to keep me working and shooting.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...