Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter in big match

Turbo23

The most important thing about a big match?

Do EVERYTHING possible to avoid seeing the scores as the match progresses. Be smooth, don't hurry, and just shoot the stage as your sights tell you to. I hate learning that I might be able to win my class more than anything else. Once that happens, I ALWAYS go too fast, and I ALWAYS earn myself some penalties.

Just keep telling yourself that you're in the running for dead last, that there's no way you can win anyway, and to just be cool and have fun. If I can pull that off, I usually do fairly well when the final scores are tallied. :)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Hi Turbo-

If you can, you should definitely try to shoot the Colo. State Match. San Juan is a nice range, and you'll meet a ton of great people and even a few decent shooters.

Also, shooting a two day, ten stage match is very different than your typical 5 stage local match. Much more challenging mentally and physically, trying to stay focused for two days. I bet you will learn more in this one match than you have in your prior 7 matches.

If you want, please feel free to put my name on your application under "squadding preferences," and we can shoot the match together. I have a few buddies who I plan to squad with, and you are more than welcome to join our little group. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Hopefully, we'll get to meet in three weeks from tomorrow [can't wait...]. Cheers.

-brian reynolds

Hi Turbo-

If you can, you should definitely try to shoot the Colo. State Match. San Juan is a nice range, and you'll meet a ton of great people and even a few decent shooters.

Also, shooting a two day, ten stage match is very different than your typical 5 stage local match. Much more challenging mentally and physically, trying to stay focused for two days. I bet you will learn more in this one match than you have in your prior 7 matches.

If you want, please feel free to put my name on your application under "squadding preferences," and we can shoot the match together. I have a few buddies who I plan to squad with, and you are more than welcome to join our little group. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Hopefully, we'll get to meet in three weeks from tomorrow [can't wait...]. Cheers.

-brian reynolds

Brian,

Hey there. I just sent the app. late yesterday afternoon. After hearing some of hte advise form the forum. I down loaded the app and sent it in.

I would love to have squadded with ya all, but cant call back the letter now. LOL

Look forward to meeting you and other in 3weeks!!!!

I really cant wait, I just needed a lil push, and I got it ;)