Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Auto Model 20

megaman

i have a first gen 20, (the serial had 3 digits) :) . after a while and about a thousand rounds :rolleyes: , a pin near the center of the pistol got loose :mellow: . after about 50 or so rounds the pin wound drift to the side out of the hole. most times i noted this pushed it back, no problem <_< . but a couple of times when i didn't catch it, the gun would blast the the rest of the rounds in my mag full auto :o . anybody else have a similar experience?

Sounds like your trigger pin?

If it is walking out to the side, then the notch in that pin isn't likely being engaged by the side stop/release.

If your slide stop/release doesn't hold the trigger pin in, then you likely have a slide stop that has a worn out trigger pin hole (the hole that attaches it to the gun).

You should have to wiggle the slide stop to get the trigger pin out of the gun. NEVER just hammer it out with a punch.

The other part of the slide stop is getting the spring in the right place. The spring provides a bit of help in locking the pin in place. I've accidentally got the spring tweaked before so that the slide stop wasn't firmly locking down and back under spring tension.