Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NROI Rangemaster Certification

John Heiter

I was just wondering if it was staying pretty full or what. I only know of two people who have applied and they both had their applications rejected. I was the first one some time ago and then I found out that a friend of mine was rejected only recently. Made me wonder if others were having success getting approved.

I was just wondering if it was staying pretty full or what. I only know of two people who have applied and they both had their applications rejected. I was the first one some time ago and then I found out that a friend of mine was rejected only recently. Made me wonder if others were having success getting approved.

Was there a reason given for the rejection?

In my case, I apparently had a bad attitude. Tip - if you're going to question why it takes months to hear back on your entry after your check has been cashed, be sure to do so very politely every time and not just the first few.

In my friend's case, he was told he didn't have enough National's experience and that RM Certification was only for the most elite of RO's.

I guess these programs are being used as a recruiting tool for Nationals staff, and I understand the need to get more and better volunteers for Nationals, but I personally don't have the bankroll to make it to National's every year, and I'm not sure if I ever will. I am pretty heavily involved on the local front though and thought it might be nice to have a certified RM in my state.

In my case, I apparently had a bad attitude. Tip - if you're going to question why it takes months to hear back on your entry after your check has been cashed, be sure to do so very politely every time and not just the first few.

In my friend's case, he was told he didn't have enough National's experience and that RM Certification was only for the most elite of RO's.

I guess these programs are being used as a recruiting tool for Nationals staff, and I understand the need to get more and better volunteers for Nationals, but I personally don't have the bankroll to make it to National's every year, and I'm not sure if I ever will. I am pretty heavily involved on the local front though and thought it might be nice to have a certified RM in my state.

Interesting...

I don't think that it has anything to do with the Nationals.

The people at Quency have thier own list of RO's and

pull from that list for thier matches. My wife and I

have worked the Nationals from 89 to 2000, then

there was a change in personal making the decisions

on who was working and we have not been asked back.

Gene

I completed the program at the Missoula Nats. I had a blast going through the program and got a lot of encouragement from my mentor and others. I had Nationals experience, Area experience and had worked as the RM at a Level II before I enrolled.

I believe the program has changed a bit over the past couple years and I strongly suspect it will change again with the new rulebook. I would highly recommend anyone wait and enter under the new book otherwise you will start under one book and finish under the new one with a potential delay in the middle while they rework any modules you haven't completed for the new book.

My motivation for doing the RM course was more to provide a resource in my area to encourage more Level II and higher matches here than anything else. But I do work Nationals and really enjoy the experience I gain every time.