Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Chrome

kiyshooter

I have only had one gun which was hard chromed. The total experience was terrible. The parts were shipped back and forth a number of times.. and all I can say is.. I won't ship a gun to Arkansas again.... for a re-finish... even if it was free.

The hard chrome in quality--- was a 6 out of 10 (after a second re-do) and the rest of the 1911 was coated in a black "high tech" finish which lasted about 20 rounds.... before peeling off.

I wasted a lot of time and money dealing with this vendor.

Man................ be careful!!!! And send me a PM if you want to know who to avoid in Arkansas.

Sorry to be a negative "poster" but some people just don't deliver what they market.... and members of the BE community should share their experience.

Just got back from Area 5 and saw several more free hard-chrome plating certificates on the prize table that had been donated by Accurate Plating and Weaponry.

I'll say it again--this company supports our game in a real, tangible way.

Think about it.

Just got back from Area 5 and saw several more free hard-chrome plating certificates on the prize table that had been donated by Accurate Plating and Weaponry.

I'll say it again--this company supports our game in a real, tangible way.

Think about it.

I had my limited done by Accurate and I wanted the slide flats "bright". My slide has cuts some what like EGW or Bedell does. The owner himself polished my gun. He even polished the barrel at no extra charge. The man did a freakin awesome job!! I can almost shave in the mirror finish!!! Bright hardly describes his work. If I had a digital camera I would post pics.

+10 on Accurate Plating and Weapony. Turn around time was great also.