Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need minor load with 147gr lead and titegroup

mrapathy2000

you may end up with keyholing issues at minor loads (130 pf or less). 3.5 of TG gets me a 140 pf out of my glock with no keyholing issues. still a soft shooting load

as always YMMV

Edited by yoshidaex

what OAL?

tried 3.5gr with 1.125 or 1.150" OAL forget which think I might have written it down wrong in my record book.

got more leading than I did with WSF. didnt get keyholing.

where you using a standard glock barrel or aftermarket?

appreciate the reply

Edited by mrapathy2000

1.13 oal in a standard glock 34. tried keeping everything stock. anything lower than 140 and it would fail to cycle the slide. with a softer recoil spring i'm sure it would cycle properly with a lower than 140 pf but i don't want to deal with tumbling bullets like everyone else has been experiencing when getting close to the 130 pf range.

I tried 3.2 grains of TG under Kead 147s and got 966 fps and good accuracy out of my Beretta 92.

I don't understand the problem with 147 grain bullets tumbling at a 130 PF. 200 grain .38 bullets at 600 fps from a 1 in 18-3/4" twist don't tumble; why should 9mm 147 grain bullets at 900 fps from a 1 in 10" twist tumble? Something's wrong, but it ain't the velocity.

Pick up some Chore Boy, TiteGroup and lead bullets is a nasty combo for leading up the barrel. Lead bullets in a Glock barrel need to be HARD to shoot well and that just increases the leading. If you can find a dead hard bullet with a soft lube you might be OK, otherwise keep a CLOSE eye on the leading.

my bad. my loads are with plated bullets. not lead. haven't tried lead out of my glock and don't feel the need to yet. Plus like Howard says lead and TG isn't a good combination. MONDO smoke in my experience.