Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wouldn't mind seeing the shirts go away and the match fee come down. I have too many already and a heavy polo is too hot to shoot in the south anyway. Have shirts for sale for those who want them and give the rest of us a break on fees.

Well, they're not that "heavy" in material weight, in fact, Cindy goes out of her way to get the lightest material possible short of a Techwear shirt, which would cost more. Honestly, this is the first complaint I've EVER heard about the shirts being too hot. And let's look at match fees. The EF for 2007 was $160. Let's assume (and don't hold me to these numbers; I'm totally guessing here) $17 of that goes into the shirt. So we get rid of the shirts and the EF is now $147. You've saved a whopping $13. You'll spend THAT on a marginally decent meal.

You're really telling me that $13 to the average serious IPSC shooter who goes out and spends $3000 on a limited racegun, $100 a pop for a tuned magazine, $300+ on their holster rig, god knows what a year on ammo depending on reloading or vendor, etc, etc, is a big deal? $13? I don't buy it.

The nationals costs about $100 more and all you get there is a t-shirt. We try to run our matches to the "national standard" so that anyone shooting a match in the Georgia Section who later goes to an Area or Nationals will have no surprises because they've seen it all already in terms of how the match flows. But in this case, we exceed the national standard by giving you a very decent and light-weight polo that you can wear almost anywhere and not look under-dressed.

In my opinion, that a value-add and we regard it as a design feature. I'm disappointed that you disagree.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic