Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Concealment and STI

cybrosh

Anyone using any concealment holster with their STI's? According to what I've read in their site('Will fit' section), there are 3-or actually 2...models for STI/SVI - 1911 with rails(56), 1911 without rails(53), and STI Tactical(similar model to the 1911 with rails=53).

Does anyone have any idea what a 2011 standard 5", with full dust covers, fits?

Cheers!

I would contact FIST or Comp-tac, they actually listen to customers, will reply promptly, make great products. The Safariland holsters I have tried sucked for concealed carry, specifically the 5186, its too tight, and jams in the holster if gun doesnt come out at perfect angle.

Hey guys,

Thanks for replying.

I have a comp-tac for my P7M13, and was quite impressed with their customer service and the holster, but unfortunately, due to the holster's hi-ride, and the p7's weight being concentrated on the grip and magazine housing, the holster tends to lean to the right side(I am right)no matter what belt I use.

BladeTech have been most helpful, they've already told me, that I get a refund if it doesn't fit when I return the holster.

Up until now, I've been using Wilson's Adjuster and was quite pleased, but I'm looking for some retention options if possible.

I guess I'll have to test some holsters out there....