Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

340PD or 360PD

Tom Mainus

Tom,

This morning I found a crack in the frame of my 340PD, just below where the barrel screws into the frame. I wonder what SW will say about that.

That stinks, but I'm sure they'll take care of you. Do you shoot a lot magnum loads through yours? Your threshold for pain must be pretty high if you do! :o

I would like to tell you that I like having a grenade go off in my hand, but I can't.

The gun has 5 rounds of .357 mag and 15 rounds of .38 through it.

Take a look at <http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=33&t=41987>

First thing this AM, I called SW and they are sending a shipping label for me to return the firearm.

Edited by slflr

Tom,

This morning I found a crack in the frame of my 340PD, just below where the barrel screws into the frame. I wonder what SW will say about that.

That stinks, but I'm sure they'll take care of you. Do you shoot a lot magnum loads through yours? Your threshold for pain must be pretty high if you do! :o

I would like to tell you that I like having a grenade go off in my hand, but I can't.

The gun has 5 rounds of .357 mag and 15 rounds of .38 through it.

Take a look at <http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=33&t=41987>

First thing this AM, I called SW and they are sending a shipping label for me to return the firearm.

I am happy to report that SW called and they are replacing the gun.

I like the 642 as an every day carry gun. The front sight is painted green with the Birchwood Casey Paint Pen. Degreasing the sight first, using the white undercoat paint, and baking each coat under a shop lamp for an hour has made the paint durable. I also used a black magic marker to black out the rear sight notch. Gives a much better sight picture than before.

The old FBI Double Action course is a good course to shoot with it periodically. The Par times are a joke so I just time it and use an IALEFI Q target.

FBI_DA_Rev_Qualification_Course.pdf

You must've gotten tough with them.....I can hear it now: "Do you know who I am?? Bob Perdue.....that's right, the Bob Perdue.....put your supervisor on the phone, now!!"

HAHAHAHA! I have a 340PD too and I had a conversation with Bob about it at the last Thurmont shoot. Sorry to hear the frame went south on you Bob; I will have to check mine.

BTW, our ICORE director organized a snubby-oriented match (5 round nuetral) at Shooters before the place burned down. Shot it with the 340PD and .38s (well - they met the ICORE power factor anyway).

Its not so easy getting that thing out of the pocket and into action in a hurry. Eye opening experience that was.

You must've gotten tough with them.....I can hear it now: "Do you know who I am?? Bob Perdue.....that's right, the Bob Perdue.....put your supervisor on the phone, now!!"
The Chicken guy???? Wait a minute Mr Perdue we'll take care of it right away. By the way, how is Gladys. I just love that commercial