Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the para frame made of?

elenius

I looked at a para 1445 at the gun store today, and the guy there told me it has an aluminum frame. Is this true? If so, how does it stand up to harsh IPSC usage?

I'm debating with myself whether I should get a 1640. Everybody needs a widebody, right? (And this is one of exactly two widebodies available in CA!).

Would it be a good excuse that the CA approval expires on 8/11? I'm sure it'll go back on the list, but I need an excuse :D

Para makes a steel and an aluminum frame, about 10 onces difference in the two, you definitely want the steel framed version, to my knowledge all 1640's are steel, there are alloy aluminum 1445's as well as the commander and shorter models that come in both. The new 1640's are great game guns, add a funnel and go shoot.

Para makes a steel and an aluminum frame, about 10 onces difference in the two, you definitely want the steel framed version, to my knowledge all 1640's are steel, there are alloy aluminum 1445's as well as the commander and shorter models that come in both. The new 1640's are great game guns, add a funnel and go shoot.

Aaah, thanks, that explains it.

What is your other option in Cali ?

The Bar-Sto BS40. This one goes for about $2300 as opposed to $1000 for the para, plus I think I don't want a long dustcover + bull barrel gun. I like the light+fast gun (my other one is a glock).

There are 3. You can still get SV. You order the gun you want from SV, it gets shipped as a CA approved 45. Once you receive it, send it back to SV and they ship it back as the gun you ordered.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Too expensive for my taste though.