Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low buck limited gun...

Craigar45

The three gun bug has gotten me pretty bad, and it couldnt come at a worse time for me financially...

I am only set up for production USPSA, and since I shoot in the Tactical catergory for multi gun, I am at a bit of a disadvantage with my production sig pistol.

I have a witness steel in 10mm and since I am on a shoestring budget, I want to convert to 40 s&w. I know EAA sells conversions, but do I need a whole upper, or can I just get a barrel? If I am forced to get a slide, does the longslide offer any advantages over the regular? I mean aside from longer sight radius. Is the extra sight radius worth the added weight, and ( I am assuming here) slower cycle rate? What sights should I get if I have to get a complete slide?

Are there any other things I should think about? I know I need to pony up for some baseplates so I can get the capacity up. I can use my 10mm mags for 40, cant I?

Henning, I would really love your input on this... I dont have much (read: any) money to spend, so I need to see what kinda limited gun I can make out of my witness. Thanks! :cheers:

C

You'd be better served and end up saving money by just buying some brass and a Dillon press, Just load the 10mm to 170 pf. only part you'll need is maybe a lighter recoil spring. If you end up getting serious about matches you'll need to start reloading anyway.