Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making Kytac KT-1 legal for Single-Stack?

boo radley

I have a Kytac KT-1 holster. It is not legal for IDPA, nor is it legal for USPSA's new Single-Stack division because it's cut lower on the front than 1/4" below the ejection port.

My thinking is, why couldn't I cut a small square of some material (more kydex?) and, using plastic epoxy, glue it over the cut-out, so that it now confirms to the 1/4" rule?

From what I can tell in the IDPA rule book, specifically modifying holsters to be compliant is legal (page 33). But not sure about USPSA. Gary, any thoughts? I can't imagine -- especially if I'm not just sticking a piece of tape there -- this would be an issue, but wanted to check.

Thx

Steve

The measurement is actually 1/2 inch. Does that make it? If not I would think a Kydex band aid should help the situation :rolleyes:

What we are looking for is that you have to lift the gun to a point no farther than 1/2 inch below the ejection port before you can move the gun toward the target.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

The measurement is actually 1/2 inch. Does that make it? If not I would think a Kydex band aid should help the situation :rolleyes:

What we are looking for is that you have to lift the gun to a point no farther than 1/2 inch below the ejection port before you can move the gun toward the target.

Gary

Thx Gary! Don't know why I had 1/4" in my mind, but anyway....As you can see, with this holster, the cut is about 1.2", so I have some patching to do....May not be as easy as I thought; I'm not sure where one can get a small piece of kydex.

post-5556-1182378917.jpg