Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Steel Series

Nemo

Are the regular series of Witness Steel pistols (Non-Elite) an option for an inexpensive limited gun? Do they use the same mags as the Elite series? How about the internals?

EAA still sells the long-slide complete top ends. Do these use the dovetail front sight or are, like the old ones, part of the slide?

Another alternative to the slippery Elite Limited and Match?

post-2776-1182277054.jpgpost-2776-1182277071.jpg

Wonder if Rich can perform his magic on these... Mr. Dettelhouser?

My EAA Stock 10MM also uses the same magazines as my older wonderfinish regular production Witness. I also have a longslide conversion unit and it's front sight is dovetailed. I would call EAA and ask to speak to Paul or Sharon. I'm sure they can help you although a Elite Limited may be cheaper to just buy to shoot until you can have Richard work on it.

Thanks Gary. After doing the math, going the way of a Witness Steel to later on buy a long-slide conversion would put me over the price range of an Elite Match, thus not a good deal for me now.

I'm going to tank the idea of the Witness guns for a while. However, if in the future they become available I'd still consider them.

Thanks Gary. After doing the math, going the way of a Witness Steel to later on buy a long-slide conversion would put me over the price range of an Elite Match, thus not a good deal for me now.

I'm going to tank the idea of the Witness guns for a while. However, if in the future they become available I'd still consider them.

They are the worst at product availability I waited like 4 months for a limited. and like 5 or 6 months for a gold team. :) Henning hooked me up with a nice 40 though. Great guns hard to get sometimes.

leo

I want an elite limited pretty bad, but considering I can get a regular steel gun for something ridiculous like $350, I am also leaning that way. I know it is a much different gun, but the savings allows me a little budget with my gunsmith and a nice mag allowance. :)

C

Limited 40's should be available through me mid-July. If you're interested, just email me on my site. Supply has been sparse for a long time, but they're expecting two shipments in for July. Should be lots of goodies in the bag..