Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cr speed pouches w/ single stack mags

elenius

I'm shooting a single stack 1911 in L10. I'm using blade-tech kydex double mag pouches at the moment, but I'm considering getting something faster.

Are the cr speed pouches a good choice for this?

They have this picture of it here: http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=678

It seems like they work for a whole lot of different kinds of mags, and that would be a big plus, since I keep changing my mind about what kind of gun I like to shoot :)

(I will probably try L10 with a glock eventually).

I've used them with skinny-gun mags, but the insert that takes up that extra room doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the pouch. I just didn't like the way they felt when drawing a mag. I use them all the time for wide mags with no issues.

I'm using them for L10 with single stack mags right now. I wasn't crazy about the insert that you have to use to take up the space either but it's not terrible. Great thing is you can switch to your glock mags without having to buy whole new pouches...just put in the other inserts.

trodrig

Ok, thanks for the input. That was pretty much what I suspected of the speed pouches. I ordered one just to check it out, and I'll order a 771 and a 773 too.

It looks like the 771 will hold the mags really high, since it sits on top of the belt rather than outside it, so to speak. Doesn't this make it awkward to reload from?

Any other options I should look at?

I don't like any "generic" mag pouch, especially CR Speed. Not terrible, but not perfect either.

773s for me with my SS L-10 guns, Limited Para and Limited Glock.

I think the pouches just look high, they are quit easy to reload from. For my wife, I did flip the "hardware" upside down to lower the pouches, which is fairly common for women shooters.