Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Severe Case of Brain Freeze

38superman

I'm really pretty disturbed by this, mostly because I don't know what to make of it.

I get my fair share of penalties, but usually they come from trying to go too fast and clipping a no shoot or getting a mike.

Yesterday I shot the match pretty clean but got eaten alive by procedurals, something that has never happened before.

On a classifer, the first string was free style, reload then strong hand.

I drew and shot the freestyle targets and just stopped.

I was standing there contemplating my hits when I realized I wasn't done.

That episode of vapor lock probably cost me 3 or 4 seconds.

In a panic I slammed the reload and raced though the strong hand pulling a mike on each target.

On another stage there was a boundry stick on the ground between two partitions at the back of the stage.

I blew right past it and picked up 4 procedurals.

Icing on the cake was the last stage.

The first array offered 4 paper targets and 3 steel.

When the buzzer went off, I shot the paper and took off, leaving the steel standing.

Result, 3 mikes + 3 FTE

I normally program the stages pretty well, but yesterday it was like I left my brain in the truck.

It cost me dearly.

I want to figure out how to keep it from happening again.

Pretty tough to do if you can't see why it happened to begin with.

Tony

Edited by tlshores

It sounds like you answered your own question. "Usually".... you program the stages pretty well. Were you socializing too much, did the stages seem really straight forward like a no brainer and you didn't program them because they seemed so simple, were you ROing, scoring???? The one that seems to bite me is stages such as classifiers because there is usually only one position and the targets can all be seen from said position so I tend to not take as much care in programming them as I should.

Don't know if it has any bearing on your case but at the last 3 gun major I went to I had a total meltdown on the last stage. Could not remember what I was supposed to do or where I was in the stage.....

Dehydration.