Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 VA/MD Sectional

Turtle

I noticed someone taking pictures (he was following my squad for a while) but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. He looked to be quite the pro, but I know next to nothing about photography.

Cool, any chance you're going to do a photo album on the USPSA web page?

Naw, not me.

Sorry, I may have misinterpreted your post. Trust me, I'm not the gentleman you speak of. I think I saw the young man your talking about though. These are just a few shots I took before I shot Sat. p.m.

Fireant,

Think mud wrestling without the hot babes

Alan

oooh :sick:

Desert like conditions Sat.

Tropical monsoon like Sun.

kinda like Richmond....If you don't like the weather just stick around for a day, or two.

Not looking forward to the Carolina Cup tomorrow either (weather wise) mid 90's, and humid <_<

Suppose to be a little better Sunday though.

Alan,

I know exactly how it was. I was one of the guys on your squad that gave up half way through since my gun didn't want to work in the rain. I guess that was to be expected since I bought it from the biggest fair weather shooter I've ever met.

Alan,

I know exactly how it was. I was one of the guys on your squad that gave up half way through since my gun didn't want to work in the rain. I guess that was to be expected since I bought it from the biggest fair weather shooter I've ever met.

Man, Sunday was like the Charge of the Light Brigade -- I think we started with 11? 12? folks on my squad, and after riding into the Valley of Death, ended up with 5 or 6.

At least 3 guns went out of commission. One KIA, another was a borrowed STI someone was shooting (it recovered miraculously with a few drops of oil) and the other was a Glock with trigger issues. I felt bad for this shooter, since he was doing pretty well, until then.

After a couple horrendous stages, I simply quit caring about results, and decided to hose (this is NOT a happy place for you 'mental management' fans, but perversely enjoyable, nonetheless), and only did a half-*** job cleaning mags, and gear. In fact, my cheapo mag-brush broke, so I gave 'em a quick swipe with a muddy towel -- man, that Caylor did not hiccough once, and it was criminal how much grit and mud I was probably shoving up into her. I'm impressed: the STI system is a lot more robust than I've been led to believe.

I think Sunday will be nice for the Carolina Cup. I wish I were shooting it; d*mn it filled up fast!!!

• 2 weeks later...