Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 13# spring & slide lock

nuclearmonkey

I realize the poster's problems have been "solved" but I just experienced the same thing yesterday. I am trying a new major load in my G22 and a major open load in my G35. I cleaned the guns and the G35 slide was lightened. Both guns would not lock back when empty and I thought "back to the drawing board". Then I thought before I change anything I should shoot the guns with strong hand and weak hand only, low and behold both slides locked back when shooting one handed. Moral of the story, when shooting freestyle my strong hand thumb rests on the slide lock. Oops! I think someone posted how they cut the slide lock short. I may try that.

• 2 months later...

A Question for the Glock experts. As a point of reference, what is the factory spring weight on a G34? I have checked in a few places online and this seems to be overshadowed by all of the custom set ups. I got that part, I just dont understand this in comparison to the original parts. Any help here is appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this problem was ever solved. I am having the same issue with my new G34. I tend to think that it may be the extended slide release lever. As I moved to a high thumb grip I started having the slide lock open a couple of times due to my thumb hitting it. Perhaps now I am doing the opposite.

I will start by removing the extended lever and replacing it with the standard and then see what happens.

IF anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.