Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem

spook

OK, Murphy. Say, you have an important match next sunday and a boatload of work to do until then, leaving you barely any time to do some dry firing to prepare for the match. What could make you more happy than to have the hammer fall on the first time you pull the trigger, leaving the hammer LOCKED SOLID in place. I really have no clue what could be wrong. Everything moves, but the hammer. It doesn't pivot and can only be moved by force (screwdriver). It looks like the firing pin doesn't allign with the hole it goes through.

Is this a common problem? Does anyone have a clue?

Any help is welcome. Thanks. Your concerned forum buddy :(

Oleg, opened it up, no gunk of any kind. Pried it open with a screwdriver. Called my smith and thank God, he has time to check it out this afternoon.

Eventually, I will shoot standard (and if I can't fix my revolver before sunday I will shoot the match in Standard div.), but not for a long time yet:)

Thanks, Bjorn

Bjorn let me know which smith  would  and/or could help you. Maybe tomorrow i  visit mine in the morning and you could join me. In the afternoon i'll be at the range in Almere i think.

Anyway, CU sunday with revo or pisto

DVC

Adrie