Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Holsters

A_Med

I'm curious what Holster and Mag pouches people who shoot a 2011 style gun in IDPA competition are using? I'm trying Not to spend $75-80 on Blade-tech. I see the newer Safariland 5187 is legal and available at Shooters Connection. I have a 5186 I use with my Trojan now but it doesn't fit the 2011 Frame. How about mag pouches?

Angel

Hello: I use a Comp-Tac belt holster and there twin mag holder. They have great customer service and fast delivery. The holster is very fast and fits perfect. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

I bought a Comp-Tac for my Trojan just recently and I hate it. In fact I'll probably list it here for sale. I've been using the Safariland 5186 and like it much better. It just doesn't fit the 2011 as well. I really like the Comp-Tac mag holders though.

Angel

I'm just curious why you don't want to spend $75 for such an expensive pistol ($1200-$3000)?

I just don't think its necessary. I've got several Bladetech holsters and I haven't been anymore impressed with them then my Safarilands at $30. less.

Angel