Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me a picture of your ejector

jmorris

I am interested in the shape/length of ejectors on a 1911 style pistol equipped with a low mounted C-more. Pistol runs like a top with mount removed and brass doesn’t always clear with mount in place.

Move the contact point as high as you can get it, then shoot it watching to see if it is hitting the bottom of the slide just below the ejection port. If it does you will need to lower it. You will want to get it just about halfway between the bottom of the ejection port and the scope mount, that will give the most leeway for brass with dinged rims and Murphy when he comes to see you.

Bob's tuned ejector has fixed [100% cured] problems on more than one of my friends' guns. That guy really knows how to make a pistol run.

My own open gun has whatever ejector Springfield Custom puts in the gun. It's not extended forward very much but it does contact the case at the highest possible point. Looking from the side, it's slanted toward the top. Looking from the top, it's completely square.

My slide is only .350" high, measured under the ejection port. A lot of gunsmiths will only take that area down to .400" which might need a different ejector setup. My cases kick straight out sideways & land about 8 or 10 feet away.

Edited by eric nielsen