Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting rid of my stuff

Nemo

Nemo,

As someone who is self employed, I understand the situation. Things turn around all too quickly but it goes in both directions.

My focus has turned from USPSA back to business and family. Slowhand said it best.

Best to you and stay focused. If I can help with the loan of any of the gear I have left, you know my number.

Nemo,

I have been there, I had a couple of bad things happen, job related.

I got rid of a bunch of stuff to make ends meet, a couple of guns that I will never be able to replace.

a Springfield Professional model that was completed and dated and signed by Dave Williams on 9-11-2001

Two Colt National Matches from 1960 and another from 1958

Two consectutive serial number Colt Special Combats

A custom built Nowlin .40s&w limited gun by John Nowlin Sr

A custom built Nowlin .45acp single stack by Joh Nowlin Sr.

And while I know that I can never replace them, I have been able to keep my house, and my family together.

When it comes right down to it, the most important things are the most important things, and that is family.

I might not be able to replace these guns ever, I still have what is the most important thing to have the love of my family, a house and a decent job.

The greatest thing about this hobby and sport we get into is that even without all those things we think we might need, we can still get out there with a $400 CZ and have fun.

+1 on the CZ :D