Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thick base pads

jmark308

I rediscovered something at the range last night. I don't know if it applys to all Tanfoglio/EAA guns, but it seems consistent for the Match model. The base pads have a small (we are talking a millimeter or less here) ridge on the top that can keep your magazine from seating positively. Note the green arrow pointing to the area where the ridge is. Pop off the base pad and take a flat file to the pad to remove the ridge. Presto, the mag will seat securly.

post-9922-1178851122.jpg

Interesting.. I don't use those plastic pads so I don't run into the problem. They can also potentially crack since they're plastic. I have alu pads that is specifically made for the Match and Stock models. They look good on the gun, hold up and are only $15.

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.elite.magazines.html

Look for Factory Aluminum Pad, and second line item; Non-Magwell.

Thanks for the tip!

I had the same problem. I rubbed the plastic base pads on some 600 grit sand paper until the surface is uniform, then smooth it with 200 grit.

edit: should be 60, not 600. thanks.

Edited by Hallmatt

Going to add a few other things soon;

Fiber Optic sight for side-cut slides (older styles)

Double Action Trigger

Double Action drop-in conversion kit (D/A trigger, bar, interruptor all pinned together)

Single Action drop-in conversion kit (S/A trigger, bar)

Thor 223 compensator for AR-15's etc

Thor 260 compensator for 6.5 Grendel, bolt action rifles etc.

(more comps coming too)

And next week I'm hoping to have my new true 140mm USPSA legal pad which will out-date the CPMI pads we use today. It's not radically different, but made to correct length / spec and no need to file to fit the gauge anymore.

Also talking to a company about making a thinner (0.090" width) fiber optic sight with a smaller sized fiber. I've been wanting this for a long time and now it might actually happen..

As these guns are increasing in popularity, more products will be developed. Gary, you've mentioned a firing pin stop before and I am looking into that for the 10mm pistols. I think it's a great idea to help slowing the slide speed down on the super-major 10mm loads. If any of you have ideas, don't hesitate to email me or call me (720) 352-1080 to talk about it.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Edited by sinnsyk