Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Australia delima

jspruance

A friend of my son lives in Australia and is a trap/skeet shooter. He has asked if we would consider buying 20 gauge wads in bulk and sending them to him. I guess the cost is quite high over there for all loading components.

We would like to help out a fellow shooter but since we are pistol shooters we are on unfamiliar ground.

I checked a couple of local places and it looks like $12.50 to $14.00 a K is the going price. He would like to get 10 to 20 K shipped.

Does anyone have any ideas what would be the best way to proceed? How can I get a cost estimate on shipping?

And last but not least is there any possibility that this against their laws?

Thanks,

JFS

I don't know about any laws governing wads. There is probably some type of import duty on them. Try Fed X, UPS and the US Postal Service for rates. You might also check air freight with a major airline if you live close enough to an airport with flights to there.

I shipped a holster and some mag pouches over to Australia a couple years ago via USPS. Smaller package than you're looking at but as a reference it cost me about $25 to ship and took about 10 days to arrive. The process was basically the same as shipping something inside the states. I just had to fill out a customs form to declare what I was shipping. All around it was a pretty painless venture; as stated above check out several different carries once you have an idea of the size and weight of what you're shipping. Unless there's an issue with shipping wads (which would seem odd to me but check) I don't think it should be a big deal.