Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Anyone Shoot The Monthly Griffin Ga Match?

Cavediver

Just curious. I've read a few posts from you folks that make the larger winter / spring match, but I'd like to know if anyone makes it out there on a regular basis.

My wife and I (both new shooters) are going to try and attend this weekend, weather permitting. I know the area 6 championship is this weekend as well, so I'm guessing attendance will be down. Good for us, there won't be as many people for us to slow down :D

Some of the regulars are shooting Area 6 on Friday and the Steel Match on Saturday. Attendance at Griffin is good, the match is not intimidating and is run exceptionally well. It is a very good way to get involved in competitive shooting. That's not saying it is easy, it is a test of precision shooting as quickly as you can. There's no hidden targets or track star athleticism required; just good fundamentals.

Well, we've got fundamentals. I don't know that I would call them good fundamentals...

We'll be shooting slow and deliberate. Competition really isn't the name of the game just yet.

My Wife and I usually shoot this Match...GREAT People, GREAT Match! You'll see ALL Skill Levels, from true beginners to World Champion-class shooters...and the vast majority of 'em will bend over BACKWARDS to help you!!! Just remember, the only DUMB Question is the one you DON'T ask...

THIS weekend, however, I hafta' do one of those "Husband"-type things...must take the Wife to a WINE TASTING in North GA Mountains...it's once a year, and we've been doing it longer than we've been "Shooting Steel", so...a SMALL price to pay for her putting up with me, I say!!!...Good Luck at the Match...be safe, and remember: "Front sight, Squeeeeze..." and then on to the NEXT Target!!!...Hope you enjoy it, and hope to see you in June!!!....mikey357