Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Playing Guitar With My Son

Calamity Jane

My 14 year old son has been taking guitar lessons. His guitar teacher gave him the licks to Freebird. I knew I liked his teacher :) My son asked me tonight if I wanted to play along. I played the acoustic guitar and he played the electric. I got the power chords and he got the solo. It was awesome.

Jane - you play?

Yep...basic chords. I can strum along with the best of them but don't ask me for any pick'in and grin'in. OK maybe a little grin'in :)

My son plays his guitar every single day. He just does it because he loves it. I love it because he loves it. As far as I'm concerned he can turn the amp up as loud as he wants B)

As far as I'm concerned he can turn the amp up as loud as he wants cool.gif

What a cool Mom! My parents freaked whenever I turned my Marshall 50 watt plexi up to "stage" volume. :blink:

Been playing for a while now, and one of the most rewarding feelings is to come across a young player with passion and love for music. Glad your son has the "bug!"

Edited by Bamboo

My 14 year old son has been taking guitar lessons. His guitar teacher gave him the licks to Freebird. I knew I liked his teacher :) My son asked me tonight if I wanted to play along. I played the acoustic guitar and he played the electric. I got the power chords and he got the solo. It was awesome.

Where are the Bic lighters when you need them. Rock on!

Yep... I remember going through this with my dad from years past... I guess that's how I picked up all kinds of stuff from the 50-s to the 80's. Nothing like shifting 30 years worth of music in 3 minutes. Congrats and enjoy!

• 6 months later...

My son continues to Rock On!! AND I continue to LOVE IT! :wub:

We've been making little deals. Our latest deal is....if he learns and SINGS Whipping Post by the Allman brothers....I'm going to get him the new amp he wants. You need to know my son doesn't sing out loud! However, as his mother, I've got a feeling he can sing. Some of you guys just need a little push in the right direction :P Anyway, I'm beginning to hear Whipping Post being practiced....now....the singing...that really will be something!

ROCK ON!!!