Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More or OKO

joshua

I've been wanting to replace the Tasco PDP3 sight on my other open gun with a C-more or OKO.  I have a C-more on my main gun but I've heard some good things about the OKO, any thing you would like to express about the OKO sight will be welcome.  If I do decide to get another C-more is there a gunsmith out there that sell C-more sights with Weigand hole pattern on it's plastic base?  The reason why I like the standard C-more solid with base is because I don't like my dot sitting any higher than the lowest available mounting. josh

I have both a C-more and OKO.  Both lens are the same size but the OKO is smaller in overall size and has a rudimentary back-up sight with a small post in the lens and a notch at the rear of the housing.  My OKO is on an STI single sided mount with 5 holes spaced .300 apart.  The OKO lens is higher than the C-More by about 1/8" measured from the bottom of the sight to the top of the lens. So if you want low go C-More.

Anyone offers the C-More serendipity with the stock plastic legs drilled with Weigand mount pattern?  You would think C-More will have models cast/molded with this pattern because it was so popular during the late 80s/early 90s.  I know what someone will suggest, get a STI single side mount with the Weigand pattern and get a slide ride C-more.  I like the standard plastic legs to get it low instead of that extra 1/8" rise needed for the single side mount. josh

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Cmore distributor. they use dot do blanks so you could drill your own pattern but so many people were screwing them up and it was alot of trouble to change the mold during production and time had passed where in IPSC circles the cmore pattern is now standard. The blankc are no longer available. Only solution is go with the aluminum mount and slide ride.