Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoppner&Schoemann

spook

I was wondering if anyone tried it or uses it on a regular basis. I saw it at a gun show and it seems very very very fast. The con to me looks like it´s not that secure. It has a manual lock though. I was going to use it for a S&W N-frame 625. Any opinions (or other great revo IPSC holsters)?

Thanks

I use it for the standard division and it works great for me.

I only made a change on it, I put a screw with a captive spring and steel ball inside to "lock" the lever in its positions (locked or unlocked), Now, it's worry free !

I think it's the fastest holster I tried, and you don't have to drill the gun as with the Ghost.

DVC

Julien

:)

Spook,

I too have been using this holster for a year, and I find it great: even when it is not locked, there is no way to have the gun fall out except for lifting it (BTW this will require almost no pull at all); you can bump forward the frame from the butt whenever you like, the gun rests still in place.

When locked, to pull your gun without unlocking it, you will need someone shooting in your holster... :D

Julien, looks like you just made what I have been trying to for a long time :blink: .

I previously used a Ghost holster, and I liked its reassuring click sound when locking or unlocking it.

Could you share some pictures of your customization? I couldn't figure how to do it from the description.

Thanks.

Skywalker, thanx.

Yeah Julien, that would be great (some pics of your holster). I´ll probably want to change the lockup the minute I get the holster.

BTW, is €149 a good deal on this holster?

(Edited by spook at 12:47 pm on Nov. 20, 2002)

Spook,

I think here in Italy you may find a lower price (about 10/15 €), but I'm not sure about shipping charge.

If you wish, you can contact Armeria Brixia shooting Store (You can browse http://www.brixiashooting.com/ for contacts), they are the Italian resaler for Hoeppner & Schuemann Speedsec5 holster, and they will surely provide prices and shipping fees.

DVC.

Thanks Skywalker, I checked it, but it's a little more expensive having one shipped from Italy. A friend of mine is Italian and spends half her life in Italy and the other half over here in the Netherlands, so I might ask her to pick one up for me, since she's going back to Italy in two weeks.