Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cracked Slide

old john

My slide has just cracked on my open blaster after 6000 rounds. (mm major). It cracked top left corner and went down the non ejection side 5/8 inch. The real question is how complicated will it be fitting the existing schuemann tower barrel with comp to the new slide. Anything special the smith should look for that could cause a slide to crack?

Thanks in advance for the advise, Old John/

That is a hard question to answer. It might go together with a new slide fairly easily and be fine, but then again it might not. It could get as complicated as welding up the hood and lower lugs to get the barrel to fit right in the new slide. Schuemann barrels are generally a lot more consistent than the slides you can buy....

Flex, I am not up to speed with posting pics. It did crack in the top left corner and went down the non ejection side. Full crack all the way through.

JL, I actually plan to purchase a new slide and didn't know what I should look for when having the used barrel installed with the comp in place. My concern is installing a slightly used barrel and if a barrel could cause a slide to crack. The lugs look fine.

How will the weather be in Atl. next week in the early mornings?

thanks, Old John