Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decent Milsurp .308 At A Good Price?

My AR10 came in today. Should have all the machine work done and a comp made by sometime tomorrow..so.. I need to find some AMMO... Of course I want to buy it at 1990 prices.. B) Whats the best deal out there for "just decent" .308 (non steel core) ammo?

Have you looked at Black Hills remanufactured .308 ? Was the best trade off between price and quality when I bought 3 cases around November. The days of good quality cheap milsurp are long gone. Last batch of Milsurp portuguese .308 from AIM, which I bought in 2005, cost me $139.00 per 1000 including shipping......Good thing I bought 6 cases :)

Mel,

Sorry, but you're out of luck. All of the MS surplus is gone at this moment. The stuff that is around has about doubled in price.

I would put a scope on that AR10 and turn it into a precision pig slayer.

Erik

I have not tried them, but: The Hunting Shack or Georgia Arms; these guys are all capitalists and their prices have gone up, as well. Ivan is in their price range.

Has anyone seen blue box Black Hills on the shelf lately? My local sources for blue box dried up leaving the red or gold, which are not exactly cheap. Internet rumors are that their production is going into government contracts. And, I have never seen blue box 308; it is not on their website, just the premium lines have 308.

Lee