Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southwest Regional

art mc

For those of you who did not attend the southwest regional match, put on by the Richmond Hotshots, missed a really good revolver match. Challenging stages and a great lunch provided. Shoulda been there. John Bagakis (Limited) showed that you don't have to have an open gun to win overall.

Um, Dan was 16th overall and 3rd Limited.. He mentioned not having all that great a day..

I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

I blazed on some stages but um, was still in IPSC mode, hits were lousy...

We were happy to host the match and though I was busy helping out, it was great seeing so many people from all over join us. We may have influenced a few people who'd never thought of shooting revolvers in competition. I talked to a few people that day who were on the 100 yard line and tried to promote the sport as best I could.

Vince

Edited by sargenv

This was my first time shooting this match, being at this range and second ICORE match ever, stages were great and challenging(ive' never had to sight with my left eye so I could get a better view of the targets through a port) for those of you who shot stage 1, you know what I mean. The match people were great and our squad mom's, Dave and Rich, were entertaining and helpful. Prize table was awesome for only a 64 person match. Would have loved to beat John Bagakis, but I watched him shoot a couple of stages and he was on fire, he shot a great match. Looking forward to next year.

Doug