Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200g Rainier Titegroup Loads

manderson22

Looking for some load data for this round. In retrospec I probably should of bought 230 but i have 500 of these i might as well shoot. It's tough to find load data on this round but so far i have heard 4.2 grains of titegroup.

I've shot these Rainiers over 4.4--4.6 gr. of Titegroup with good results. For all that it gets a bad rap on these forums, Titegroup is a good powder. I wouldn't shoot 200s at more than 4.6, though.

If you are looking for load date, by Hodgdon, for Titegroup powder, you can go to www.hodgdon.com and you can look up pistol reloading data for the .45, as well as many other calibers.

I'm assuming that you are using the Rainier 200 grain SWC.

I have used 5.1 grains of Titegroup with that bullet.

Federal LP 100 primers

Overall length 1.265 (NOTE: I had some feeding problems with this length, you may need to try a different OAL)

Crimp of .469

from a 5" barrel, Colt's Series 70 auto, velocity of 855 FPS, for a Power Factor of 171.0

As always, YMMV.

• 4 weeks later...

Just throwing my unrelated 2 cents. I have been loading the Montana Gold 200 Grain JHP's

5.3 Grains of Titegroup

I am not quite making major. On hodgdons website it say's you can go up to 5.4 grains. I will try this. When I was running 200 Grain Precsion Cast Moly coated bullet 5.1-5.2 would make major.