Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Sponsorship's

Ed Deegan

While I don't want to give their name and have them be inundated with requests for sponsorship's, I just find it absolutely amazing that some companies just make match sponsorships part of their business. Suffice it to say, I buy from those companies (I have bought 2 different products from them, not inexpensively), that support us.

So Denise Miller THANK YOU!!!!!

Ed

I've noticed there is a very strong correlation between a company's sponsorship policy and its attitude towards customer support. Although there are exceptions in both directions, companies that tend to be generous with sponsorships show a similar attitude when a customer has a product problem.

After having run the prize table at several matches over the last several years and the upcoming Indiana Sectional I can say that when you hear or see a sponsors name in a match book or receive something you should sent them a thank you note, email or fax thanking them for donating.

These companies usually run on fairly limited expenses and low margins are very generous. They receive hundreds of request a month asking for free stuff. Let them know that it matters, and from what match you attended and saw their participation.

You should always remember these companies when making purchases and let them know that the reason you bought from them was because they were willing to donate to help support our shooting sports.

This is my second time helping with a prize table, and I always send a thank you note to the folks that sponsor us. They probably have a hard time reading it (Yes, I play a doctor on TV), but, thanking them is the least that I can do, and buying their products is what I do.

The folks that don't sponsor, and I understand about all the requests, I thank them each and every time, when I speak to them.