Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Posercam Vids From A 3 Gun Match, A Link

Chills1994

• 3 weeks later...

Some suggestions. Get you a JP gas block and a comp put on that AR. It will really speed up your splits in between shots. Also if you shoot a long shotgun stage that barrel will get pretty hot. Get you some kinda glove to wear on you left hand (hexarmor) or change the way you reload. I say that because I have felt how hot a shotgun can get. That's my 2 cents, maybe a nickels worth some other day.

Chris C.

Edited by headhunter25

• 2 months later...

I had not noticed that before.

I suppose my attention is so focused on the target and front sight that I don't hear it.

(thread drift on)

The other night at an "IDPA style" match, we shot a short stage where I/we drew (no cover garment), and fired 10 shots (1 magazine's worth) at an IDPA target oh maybe 7 yards away. I did it in 2.69 seconds w/ one point down. I'm posting that not to bragg or anything about, but what got my attention is how that front sight just settled into the rear notch. That's what got me excited.

I tought it was really cool. I wish I had had the poser cam set up for that. Darn!

Just a quick note to say thanks Chris. Another thread brought me into this video section and I almost forgot that I started this thread.

No Problem. You should come and shoot multigun with us at Owensboro, KY sometime. You won't be disappointed. Our state multigun is Labor Day weekend, really good match.

Chris

I'll have to mark my calendar for that weekend then. I'm still in the process of accumulating all the goodies.

That and I'm still new to multi-gun / 3 gun rules and equipment. So I don't really have a clue of which division to run in. Most likely NOT OPEN, since I don't want to blow upwards of 3,500 bucks on an open pistola.

I'm also used to shooting that pizza gun in production and SSP w/ .40 minor loads.

I'll have to mark my calendar for that weekend then. I'm still in the process of accumulating all the goodies.

That and I'm still new to multi-gun / 3 gun rules and equipment. So I don't really have a clue of which division to run in. Most likely NOT OPEN, since I don't want to blow upwards of 3,500 bucks on an open pistola.

I'm also used to shooting that pizza gun in production and SSP w/ .40 minor loads.

Good. Load them for major and shoot tactical. Link to the match web site is under major matches at the USPSA web site. You can get the match app there.

Chris

Chills,

great hoser-cam, fantastic after action tool, wish I had one. have you tried the 3 gun gear 2 shot elastic attachment for just in front of the chamber on your shotgun? since you are reloading strong hand it may be faster for that first round in as you are rolling the gun over instead of the side saddle. i've also seen guys use an old bike inner-tube. something to try at least.

Donn

I enjoyed your videos. How far were the targets on the bird shot stage? Looks like you reloaded one more round than you needed at the end.

April 15, 2007 SIGC 3 gun match birdshot only shotgun stage

45 sec - Apr 16, 2007

This stage was a birdshot only stage. Most of the targets were falling steel w/ a few clay bird target holders to hit. There's more than 9

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8941328396673586553

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...