Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Cartridge Holders

tverho

Hi, do those single cartridge plastic belt holders still exist? I saw some about ten years ago but didn't buy any.. You can stick any number of them on your belt and they are fast to use because you can rip the cartridge straight out of them w/o lifting it first up.

view from above (omit the dots)

SG cartridge is inserted into this C-formed holder

..... |......... |.....

.......\......../......

.........------.........

---------------------- belt

.........------.........

Thanks for any info!

t tommi

Edited by tverho

Check on the Global Village, that is the style that alot of the British used to use, untill they went to weak hand loading. I had never seen them untill I got to England. Try Mike.45 he would know! KURTM

Yeah a lot of Brits and Europeans use them (kurt note I seperate the two :D ) and the cost about $1 per clip - PM me and I will send you the guys address in the UK who will probably have loads for sale.

Hope this helps

oh sure you separate yourself from the euro's but you still call ALL of us......................................................................YANKS!!!!!

46 days and counting, Mikey could you kiss my elbow and make it better, please.

Trapr

Matey,

If you need to start making the excuses this early on before the UK and US shotgun showdown then Mr Neal will already be preparing his jibes why you guys didnt walk away with all 4 titles :D

Hope you heal soon matey - call this week

I also believe the European Champs were won last year using these holders.

Tommi,

You are correct, weak hand loading doesnt win matches and no one is really consistently very good at it - I will PM you the details of the guy who sells the single holders

- you are also correct that you are guaranteed to load really really fast with them with minimal loading practice. :lol:

Good luck

Edited by mike.45

Tommi

These shell holders have been the preferred choice for many shooters for a number of years. I bought myself one of the belts way back when I first started 21 years ago but I found there was a big potential downside. A lot of it is down to the side of the person's belly but I have seen many, many rounds pushed out of the clips, ending up on the deck. This can particularly occur on any of the more physical stages. And prone isn't good. I've even seen shooters run out of ammo because of the number of rounds that were lost on the way.

I still have my belt for demo purposes but it didn't survive even 1 season with me and I reverted to an elasticated loop belt. Now I know some VERY good shooters who got on well with this type of belt but it didn't work at all for me (and back then I didn't even have a big gut to worry about). I thought I would add this commentary so you can proceed with open eyes.