Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slick silicon rags

Mo Zee

OK. I have been shooting for a while now and have not come across any one using this. Maybe I am not looking / talking to the right people or maybe there are not many people using it. Poof_anim.gif

What is it and is it advisable to use it? If it is advisable to use it where can I buy it from and can I make it myself?

headscratch.gif

You can buy silicone spray at most any auto parts store, spray it on a rag. Some may have a preference brand wise, but as long as it is not too thick viscosity wise it is good IMHO. I personally only use it when I cant get to a can of birchwood casey SHEATH.                           Travis F.

I was refered to it by a really good Master shooter.  He wiped his mags down in between each stage.  He rolls his bullets on it too.  I got one at Walmart.  It was for a fishing pole I think.  Less than 5 bucks.  One of the on-line sporting goods stores may have them.

Not sure how much it really helps but it gives me something to do on the trip to the match!!!

I use either a Silicone rag or just a normal rag that I have sprayed down (dozens of times) with silicone. I keep it in a sealed plastic bag and if a mag hits the ground, it gets taken apart and wiped inside with the silicone rag. Got this from Beven. Has worked 1000% for me.

I got a can of the silicone spray from the auto store and one from the gun store. It is out there you have to look for it. I do what Kevin does and just spray it on the rag and wipe the inside of the mag and the followers.  I have some of the silicone rags you can get from the gun store in my shooting bag for the matchs.